Project Manager - 49222 - Barnet - £35-45k
About the role
We are looking for a Prince 2 Project Manager with a background in Local Government and Mixed tenure Housing. The post holder will be responsible for procuring & coordinating all activities of a multi-disciplinary supply chain and internal progress reporting to the client as required.
Re (Regional Enterprise Limited) is a joint venture between the London Borough of Barnet and Capita to run the Council's development and regulatory services for the next ten years. The JV went - �live' on 1st October 2013 and will deliver growth in the Borough and develop a new and exciting consultancy business, which will supplement the core activities.
The Estate occupies 3.06 hectares and contains 211 existing homes. There are 57 units in two low rise terraced blocks (including sheltered housing), 88 units in two high rise blocks and 66 units in 5 low rise blocks. 60 of the units are leaseholder owned across the estate and there are several garages/stores on site. A community hall is also on site and the estate is adjacent to Brent Street town centre which has a range of shopping and community amenities.
The intention is to redevelop the site to provide a mixture of mixed tenure housing, and redevelopment of the surrounding estate including recreation space and a community centre.
We are currently in Phase One which includes development of the community engagement strategy, appointment of the master planning team, and initial options study (including understanding local priorities)
Phase Two kicks off in December and we are looking to appoint a permanent postholder prior to this. This phase will involve concept design with activities involving, amongst others:
* Design team workshops and community steering groups
* Site investigations (ie. ground condition tests)
* Wider community engagement and consultation on draft concept design
* Pre-application advice from the local planning authority
* Fully updated cost plan including construction, project and management/lifecycle costs
* Refinement of the concept design and production of concept design report (RIBA stage 2)
Reporting to the Programme Director, the Project Manager will manage the Community Coordinator, Masterplan Architect (also Lead Consultant for design teams), Cost Consultant and Planning Consultant.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning and management of the project at each stage, coordinating the supply chain within Capita, and procuring external surveys and advice as required.
Experience will include:
* Mixed tenure housing
* LA/Public Sector experience
* Understanding of RIBA stages
* Budget Management experience
* Client side experience and stakeholder engagement
What you will do:
* To ensure that all project management documentation meets the required quality standards as outlined in the Barnet toolkit (Prince 2)
* To plan the project, agree the plan with project board, and prepare detailed plans for each stage
* To manage the project on a day to day basis
* To identify and acquire required resources
* To execute the plan, monitor progress and take the necessary corrective action
* To report progress at agreed intervals to the project board, advising the board immediately if plan tolerance levels are exceeded
* To identify and manage project risks
* To manage the expectations of the business areas
* To i