Working within an Agile environment, our client is looking for an ITSM support process & work instruction author to work on a time critical project for at least 6 months.
The role will be based remotely initially and London thereafter, - 2 days in the office
Current Security Clearance is required for this role.
£350 per day - outside of IR35
As ITSM Support process & work instruction author, you will:
• turn critical business processes and non-functional requirements into key support processes and work instructions
• Develop Tier 3 Process Maps and Level 4 Work Instructions, Service Operation processes,
• capture and design artefacts sufficiently to deliver the RRMC service to support the technical infrastructure and the development a business support capability
• write processes and build capability workflows, work instructions and knowledge articles
• develop relationships with application management service provider
• Maintain the service design workstream MSP
• a strong Service process development skill within a service transition project background within Technology and IT
• ITEL & ITSM experience
• Previous experience of large scale technical projects
• a flexible approach with a can-do attitude
• a solution driven approach
The role is working in service design and service support transition as a business process analyst and process author with a suitable level of experience and skills. Ideally we need someone with ITIL / ITSM experience who can work to our existing service operations lead to write operations manuals, draft L3-4 business processes (detail) and help us to refine the processes in the early days of business as usual. We have a service operations concept and high level processes already, so this is a doing type role, not strategic, to define the lower level processes and complete artefacts for readiness assurance and operations. The person needs to be able to deliver with minimum oversight ideally, working in an Agile environment.
To find out more, please submit your CV today