We are looking for a Software Engineer (Contractor) for a Government Department starting asap!
The role can be worked remotely until Covid restrictions ease and the right person can be based in Manchester, Blackpool or Leeds. This contract is upto 6 months plus and is paying £750 per day inside IR35. Previous experience having worked for a government department is preferred. A basic security clearance is required (obtainable in a matter of days)
Summary of the Role and key responsibilities
• Leading software and test engineers across Common Platforms
• Putting in place a culture of technical innovation
• Improving engineering practices, tools and frameworks not just within Common Platforms, but across Children’s Digital
• Engineering resource workload planning and prioritisation
• Accelerating the move towards containers and GitLab SaaS.
Technical Skills required
This should also include the Levels of skills you require
1. Extensive software development experience especially using NodeJS and Java
2. Microservices, Containers and Kubernetes experience.
3. Extensive experience of building microservices and event-based applications
4. Software frameworks
5. Cloud certified (desirable)
To find out more contact us today!