Senior Development Operations Engineer
New Contract position for a Government Department
Inside IR35 - £650 per day umbrella
6 months with the potential to be extended
Responsible for contributing to providing advice and guidance to others in the organisation.
Leeds, Newcastle or Blackpool
Basic Security Clearance Required (assistance provided to obtain)
• Design and manage the tactics for building reusable libraries, templates and services and own the development of medium-long term strategies for product lines within your Functional and Professional Communities
• Lead a DevOps Engineering team providing support, technical leadership and guidance, creating a DevOps culture and implementing automation best practices.
• Communicate on a regular basis with a wide range of organisations and contacts internally and or externally, contributing to set strategic direction for DevOps teams and wider Engineering community
• Lead the sharing of knowledge, documentation and good practice with the wider Engineering community
• Work closely with senior officers, providing advice and suggesting courses of action, provide coaching, mentoring and support to Software and DevOps Engineer colleagues and peers
• Interdepartmental discussions and meetings with a wide variety of external bodies and organisations on a local, regional, national or international basis, leading community discussions about DevOps best practice within Engineering.
Linux Operating Systems
Development languages (Desirable)
Clustering and load balancing (Desirable)
Static code analysis and security (Desirable)
Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment
Cloud applications: Deploying, supporting, patching
Code and system management
Modify and maintain legacy systems and code
Standardise systems and code
Evolve systems and code
To find out more, contact us today!