Construction & Demolition
Our function as a responsible supplier of Temp Labour to the Construction and Rail sectors is to provide a flexible solution to our clients fluctuating resource requirements. The key component to this service is understanding the specific requirement and identifying the correct individuals to carry out the work competently and safely. The Number 8 T&L team are made up from experienced construction professionals and workers, who understand the industry as well as the consequences of having people on site that are unreliable or unproductive. Traditionally this function is a competitive target driven operation that typically serves the interests of the consultant rather than the client. We choose to operate as a team where resources and experience is pooled to ensure the very best people are placed appropriately without the negative influences of KPI's and commissions.
To achieve our core principle of "getting it right first time" we base our service around:
- Maintaining a comprehensive database of subcontractors including all current qualifications and tickets (All readily available and provided to site prior to starting work)
- Compliance with all Immigration and Employment status regulations
- Establishing a solid understanding of our client's specific requirements and cultures.
- Providing good communication throughout the search process
As a very minimum all sub contractors will turn up on site with a current CSCS card appropriate for their trade. We also provide competent training for operatives with the correct ability and attitude, to ensure that we are contributing he upskilling of the industry. Our membership of the NFDC adds additional responsibility to train competent CCDO carded operatives who understand the very specific challenges of the demolition industry. Face fit testing is also available where required.
We take this role very seriously and go to every effort to rectify and minimise the impact of any issues that may arise. We understand that our ongoing relationship with our clients is based on our consistent performance and delivery.
We have no limitations on trades we can supply however our core groups are:
- General operatives
- Demolition operatives (Demolition & Asbestos awareness trained)
- Plant operators (All categories for both civil construction and demolition)
- Crane and lifting related trades
- Carpenters (1st/2nd fix and Shuttering)
- Ground workers
We typically supply into the following sectors
- Civil Construction/Highways
- Commercial fit-out